- managing relationships with stakeholders;
- assessment and management of the impact on the national economy, social sphere and environment.
The Company's activities are guided by the following principles of sustainable development set in the Company's corporate governance Code: openness, accountability, transparency, ethical behavior, respect for the interests of stakeholders, legality, respect for human rights, intolerance to corruption, and inadmissibility of conflicts of interest.
The Company also declares its commitment to the principles of the UN Global compact in its activities:1) in the field of human rights protection:
- The Company ensures and respects the protection of human rights proclaimed at the international level;
- Company ensures non-involvement in human rights violations.
- The Company supports and recognizes the right to conclude collective agreements;
- The Company contributes to the elimination of forced and child labor, discrimination in the sphere of labor and employment.
- The Company supports a precautionary approach to environmental issues;
- The Company takes initiatives aimed at increasing responsibility for the state of the environment;
- The Company promotes the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies.
- The Company declares intolerance to all forms of corruption and other illegal actions, including extortion and bribery.
THE COMPANY'S SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT POLICY DEFINES
4 MAIN DIRECTIONS OF THE COMPANY'S ACTIVITIES
IN THE FIELD OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.
PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATIONAL ECONOMY
THE ECONOMIC FACTOR
- The Company's mission is to promote the development of technological entrepreneurship through the tools of venture financing, business incubation and expert technology support.
- The company, as one of the development institutions of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, participates in the implementation of the "Digital Kazakhstan" State program of industrial and innovative development of the Republic.
- The Company is actively working to attract investment and promote financial instruments both in the domestic and foreign markets, realizing the importance of disclosure of non-financial information for investors.
- The Company follows international best practices in environmental and social issues, as well as in corporate governance issues (ESG factors) within the framework of projects that receive financial support from the Company, in order to develop the practice of responsible investment.
MANAGING OF OWN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
THE ECONOMIC FACTOR
- The Company applies the principles and methods of rational use of resources that best ensure the prevention of adverse effects on the environment.
- In its activities, the Company strives to reduce the excess consumption of resources and minimize the existing negative environmental impact through the introduction of energy-efficient technologies, reducing water consumption, reducing the consumption of paper for office needs through the introduction of an electronic document management system and the practice of double-sided printing.
- The company is considering the possibility of introducing the concept of "green office", an important component of which is an information campaign aimed at increasing the level of environmental awareness of employees.
RESPONSIBLE WORK PRACTICES
THE SOCIAL FACTOR
- The Company is guided by the principle of equal opportunities and does not allow discrimination of its employees in hiring, paying, providing access to training, promotion, dismissal on such grounds as gender, race, language, religious, political and other beliefs, citizenship, national or social origin, limited opportunities.
- For the purpose of further development and promotion of professional personnel, the Company includes the best employees who meet the requirements in the integrated unified personnel reserve of the Sole shareholder.
- The Company operates a system of continuous training and development of personnel using modern technologies and information management systems.
- The Company uses advanced forms of training-business breakfasts with experts, training internships, coaching, case studies, brainstorming sessions, etc.
RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICES
THE SOCIAL FACTOR
- The Company identifies the risks of corruption, implement and maintain policies and practices that counteract corruption.
- Managers at all levels of the Company set an example of anti-corruption behavior to their subordinate employees, as well as demonstrate commitment, encouragement and supervision of the implementation of anti-corruption policies.
- The Company raises awareness of its officials, employees, contractors in matters of corruption and combating it.
- The Company regularly trains employees to eliminate corruption.
Management of sustainable development in the Company is carried out within the framework of the general management system of the Company's activities and is an integral part of it.
The Company's officials adhere to the principles of sustainable development in the conduct of activities and performance of duties and promote the involvement of all employees.
INTERACTION WITH STAKEHOLDERS
In order to implement a successful and effective sustainable development policy, the Company attaches great importance to establishing effective and balanced relations with all stakeholders.
The approved Stakeholder Map of the Company determines the list of key stakeholders and the degree of their influence. The map allows you to systematize and visualize information about the environment of Company, to build an adequate strategy for working with each of the stakeholders. Identifying stakeholders and working with them is one of the tools that allows you to improve the business reputation of the business, the capitalization of the company, and establish effective and balanced relationships with all stakeholders.
When assessing the importance of stakeholders, the Company ranks stakeholders according to two factors: the degree of support/opposition of the stakeholder, and the assessment of the strength of its influence on the Company. Based on the received assessment of the importance of stakeholders, the Company's structural divisions determine the directions of interaction with stakeholders, depending on the specifics of their activities.
The main forms of interaction with stakeholders are: joint programs and projects, memoranda of cooperation, joint working groups, reporting on activities, meetings, publications, interviews, and etc.
The main areas of interaction with stakeholders: strategic planning, financial activities, project management, supply of goods, works and services, lawmaking, operational activities, interaction with the media.
The Company annually sends questionnaire forms to the main stakeholders in order to determine the degree of interest of stakeholders, including in issues of sustainable development.
The process of organizing the Company's interaction with stakeholders is based on the principle of involvement, which implies taking into account the interests of stakeholders at all stages of the Company's management process and involving stakeholders in the discussion of significant topics and important issues, potential risks and limits of responsibility.
In turn, engagement is achieved by observing the following three principles:
- essentiality. The Company clearly defines its stakeholders and is aware of which stakeholders' interests are essential.
- completeness. In the course of its activities, the Company pays attention to the concerns of stakeholders, namely, understands their views, needs and expected results of activities, as well as opinions on significant issues.
- response. The Company consistently responds to all significant issues of stakeholders.
In order to organize the management of relations with stakeholders, the Company focuses its activities on the following basic principles:
- respects and takes into account the interests of all stakeholders;
- strives to actively inform target audiences about its activities;
- ensures objectivity, reliability, independence and a high level of information transparency in the implementation of state programs, certain internal procedures (procurement, competitive selection among external candidates for employment, provision of financial and non-financial services), as well as the use of financial resources;
- ensures open and productive cooperation with all stakeholders;
- fulfills its obligations to stakeholders;
- receives feedback from stakeholders on a regular basis.
DISCLOSURE OF ACTIVITIES IN THE FIELD OF BRANDING, INNOVATION, WORK WITH SUPPLIERS AND CUSTOMERS
As part of the coverage of the Company's activities and increasing brand awareness in social networks (https://www.facebook.com/qaztech.vc/, https://www.instagram.com/qaztech.vc/, https://www.youtube.com/user/NATDKZ, https://t.me/qaztech_bot) and on the web-site (https://qaztech.vc) the Company news and press releases are published on an ongoing basis.
Moreover, in order to promote the brand and develop technological entrepreneurship, venture financing and business incubation, materials were published under the headings "BeUnicorn", "SuccessСреда" and "Venture capital market Overview".
As part of the implementation of measures to increase the brand awareness of QazTech Ventures both on the local and international arena, the Company launched the projects "Q-Persona" - a series of interviews with experts in the field of venture financing and technological entrepreneurship, such as: Adil Nurgozhin – Managing Director of NMH "Baiterek" JSC, venture investor, Murat Abdrakhmanov - venture investor, Ramil Mukhoryapov – founder of Chocofamily holding, Alena Tkachenko – founder of Nommi, "Business soz" - dictionary for entrepreneurs. The total number of views was 250 thousand.
The Company also implemented image projects during 2019. To promote the brand, the Company launched a new project about startups in Kazakhstan. As part of this project, an advertising stand was installed in the Baiterek business center, and a web page was launched. The project was created to provide additional information support to startups in Kazakhstan, as well as to strengthen the image of the Company as an opinion leader in the development of technological entrepreneurship.
In addition, videos were made and posted: an image video, a series of videos "Where were you before?", a series of videos" Business soz", web banners for social networks, infographics. For the promotion of the image content used the tools of digital marketing, namely targeted information in social networks, contextual and search advertising in Google and Yandex.
In order to raise public awareness about the services provided in the field of expert and technical support, 6 videos have been recorded
As part of the implementation of best practices, events were organized and held in the field of developing competencies in venture financing and technological entrepreneurship, including with the involvement of 12 foreign experts.
So, on May 16, 2019, within the framework of the Astana economic forum, 2 panel sessions "The Role of the state in the development of venture capital" and "Industry 4.0 and competitiveness of Kazakhstan" were held, the total number of participants is about 400 people;
As part of the dialogue platform for representatives of the IT industry Digital Bridge, the Forum "QTV SESSIONS" was held in Nur-Sultan on October 25, 2019, organized jointly with NMH "Baiterek" JSC.
Within the framework of the QTV Sessions forum, 9 thematic master classes on venture financing, business incubation and technological entrepreneurship were organized. The event gathered more than 350 participants and became a unique international platform for meaningful discussion, where experts discussed key issues of the development of the venture financing market; long-term high-risk investments in the capital of new high-tech startups; global technological trends; development of the business incubation system; introduction of corporate innovations, and etc.
In addition, 4 master classes were held aimed at developing competencies and popularizing activities in the field of business incubation and technological entrepreneurship:
master class with the involvement of foreign experts in the framework of the Global innovation summit jointly with the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on September 18 in Nur-Sultan;
master classes with the involvement of leading business incubators of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the cities of Uralsk – September 13, Karaganda - September 20, Shymkent - September 26.
On September 17, 2019, an event was organized within the framework of the development of technology brokerage, which was attended by representatives of Baiterek Development JSC, Zhilischnyi sberegatelnyi bank Kazakhstana JSC, Kazakhstanskaya Ipotechnaya Komapniya JSC, as well as residents of business incubators;
From November 29 to December 1, 2019, Baiterek Hackathon was held in Almaty at the site of the business incubator "SmArt.Point". The event was organized by NMH "Baiterek" JSC, QazTech Ventures JSC and Zhilstroysberbank of Kazakhstan JSC (hereinafter-ZHSSBK).
NMH "Baiterek" JSC as a financial holding initiated the hackathon, which on the one hand is designed to stimulate the introduction of innovations in the Holding group, on the other hand, allowed young developers and startups to understand the needs and problems of the corporate sector to promote cross-cooperation among all divisions of the Bank. Fintech solutions proposed by the participants of the hackathon will help to optimize the work of several departments and areas of ZHSSBK in the future.
The platform brought together more than 250 young IT specialists, students and graduates of Kazakhstan technical universities from different cities of Kazakhstan. For three days, the participants created their own unique product to improve the banking customer service. A total of 58 teams were formed, 12 of which made it to the final, getting a chance to cooperate with the ZHSSBK.
As Mentors of Baiterek Hackathon acted: Rashid Dyussembayev - Chairman of the IT-Council of the Fund of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Alibek Narimbai - entrepreneur, founder of Okauto, Biometric.kz Maxim Baryshev - the owner of holding "Account", Benjamin Wong - Director and co-founder of the Transwap, Tianyao Liu - co-founder and head of business development Xfers. During all three days of the Hackathon's participants helped participants to create projects. It is also worth noting that Benjamin Wong and Tianyao Lui were specially invited foreign guests at this large-scale event.
According to the results of hard work for 48 hours, 4 teams were selected as winners of the Hackathon. The third place and the prize of 400 thousand tenge were shared between the teams "Tea bag" and "Muse". The Muse team was attracted by the jury for the idea of working with BigData. The team "Tea bag" was appreciated for the idea of involving all existing customers of the Bank and their additional awarding.
The second place was taken by the team "GoCode" and they received a check for 600 thousand tenge. This team was the only one who spent their time communicating with the Bank's customers in one of the branches. They identified issues of concern to depositors of ZHSSBK.
The first place was taken by the team "Pozhilye (Elderly)". They received a monetary reward in the amount of 1 million tenge. This team was able to solve the business problem of customer identification. The "Elderly" themselves wrote a program that should help the Bank solve this issue.
More than 500 participants took part in these events. The event was held with a meaningful discussion, where experts discussed key issues of development of high-tech startups; global technology trends.
In 2019, the unified HR Policy of NMH "Baiterek" JSC and subsidiaries of NMH "Baiterek" JSC for 2020-2021 was adopted, the main goal of which is to ensure the formation of sustainable human capital.
Main directions of implementation:
Automation and Analytics;
Optimization of routine processes.
The Company has implemented a system of personnel reserve, which is formed to fill vacant managerial and executive positions. Succession planning in the Company is carried out in order to provide the necessary talents (employees with high potential) in the future, as well as to preserve the best employees and competencies at all levels of management in the Company. In 2019, the employees were enrolled in the personnel reserve of the Holding company, in the categories: "Top 20" - 3 employees and "Top -50" – 1 employee of the Company.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
As part of the training and professional development plan for the Company's employees, 53 employees received training and advanced training in 2019. The number of topics for which training was conducted is 16.
As a result, the Company's employees were able to improve existing and acquire additional skills and competencies in the field of project management, accounting, financial accounting and auditing, technology consulting, expert and technological support, and etc.
EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION AND INCENTIVES
The company strives to maintain an effective system of employee compensation. Remuneration of the Company's employees is made in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, internal documents on remuneration and bonuses. In 2019, the Company continued to work on a graded wage system based on the principles of internal equity and external competitiveness. The grading system made it possible to link the level of remuneration with the value of each position. The rules of remuneration, performance evaluation and remuneration of senior employees of QazTech Ventures JSC were revised.
Ensuring social stability and improving the comfort and quality of life of employees, the Company implements popular social programs that include benefits and guarantees to which all employees are entitled, regardless of the level of their position and regardless of working conditions. The Company's activities on social support of employees are regulated by the Rules of providing social support to employees of QazTech Ventures JSC.
The Company with the aim of creating favourable conditions for efficient work and loyalty provides social support to employees of the Company: financial assistance for improvement when granting annual paid leave in connection with birth/ adoption of a child, in connection with the marriage, in connection with the death of the employee, a family member of the employee, in connection with the treatment/surgery of the employee or members of his family.
The Company also offers employees and family members the opportunity to be involved in the voluntary health insurance.
The Company pays special attention to the issue of successful corporate development, including in terms of increasing the level of staff satisfaction due to:
improvement of management: clear, exact, achievable goals and tasks, objective assessment of work results;
improvement of the personnel incentive system;
maintaining a friendly atmosphere in the team;
development of corporate culture, improvement of working conditions (comfortable environment inside the office, technical equipment of the workplace, convenient work schedule, issues of employee health and safety).
One of the key indicators of the Company's HR policy is the employee engagement index, calculated based on the results of a questionnaire and an online survey of employees. According to the results of the study for 2019, the employee engagement index was 75 %, which is 9% higher than the previous one.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE STAFF:
- the average number of employees in the group of QazTech Ventures JSC is 78 people, including 42 women;
- the average number of employees of QazTech Ventures JSC is 57 people;
- gender structure in QazTech Ventures JSC
the average age of employees of subsidiaries of QazTech Ventures JSC is 38 years old, including women - 39 years old;
- the average age of employees of QazTech Ventures JSC is 36 years old, including women – 36 years old.
Age data of QazTech Ventures JSC as of 31.12.2019
The share of senior managers of QazTech Ventures JSC from the total number of employees was 7%, middle managers – 19%.
In 2019, staff turnover in the Company was 56%. The large turnover is due to the fact that in the 1st quarter of 2019, the Company was reorganized from NATR JSC to QazTech Ventures JSC, the turnover of this period was 36 %.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Company highly values its workforce. In this regard, the Company is constantly striving to create a working environment that is favorable, healthy and safe for its employees. And also takes all measures to prevent occupational injuries and diseases, early identification of hazards and risks in the workplace. The Company is guided by the requirements of regulatory and technical documents and regulations in the field of occupational health and safety.
In this regard, the Company adheres to the following principles:
recognition of the priority of the life and health of the employee in relation to the results of production activities;
every individual has the right to work in the most secure environment;
close communication with public organizations, government agencies and employees in solving security problems.
All employees of the Company's divisions understand and are responsible for meeting the requirements related to occupational health and safety.
The objectives of the Policy in the field of occupational health and safety are:
prevention of accidents in the service/production;
careful attitude to the health of employees.
The fundamental principles are:
constant commitment of the Company's Management to the goals of improving the level of occupational health, safety and environmental protection;
responsibility and ensuring the safe conduct of work by the Company, awareness by all employees of the Company of the need to know and comply with standards and requirements in the field of labor protection, safety and environmental protection, as well as their responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others;
taking care of the health of each employee;
proper training or retraining of all employees of the Company before performing new works or operations;
environmental protection by all available means and methods;
development and improvement of the Company's policy on ensuring occupational health, safety and environmental protection among employees as an integral part of the Company's corporate culture.
The main priorities in the Company's activities are:
maximum compliance with the requirements of occupational health and safety regulations, as well as participation in environmental protection;
creating conditions for ensuring and preserving the health of the Company's employees;
compliance with the rules of labor protection, safety and environmental safety in the operation of specialized security equipment, fire safety, communications, vehicles, and etc.;
participation in programs related to improving occupational health, safety and environmental protection, activities carried out on behalf of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and National Managing Holding "Baiterek" JSC, in accordance with the decisions of the Company's Management Board.
The main quantitative performance indicators are:
prevention of violations and, first of all, especially dangerous, in which it is prohibited to conduct work;
reduction of injury rates;
reduction of the hazard indicator (risk) of the occurrence of a traumatic situation;
reduce the consumption of materials and energy.
Due to the nature of its activities, the Company does not have a direct significant impact on the environment. The main resources consumed by the Comapny are electricity, heat and water.
The Company applies the principles and methods of rational use of resources that best ensure the prevention of adverse effects on the environment.
In its activities, the Company strives to reduce the excess consumption of resources and minimize the existing negative environmental impact through the introduction of energy-efficient technologies, reducing water consumption, reducing the consumption of paper for office needs through the introduction of an electronic document management system and the practice of double-sided printing.
The company is considering the possibility of introducing the concept of "green office", an important component of which is an information campaign aimed at increasing the level of environmental awareness of employees.